community around the world.

Forums Forums Web Design WordPress Inserted page 404s once published

• Inserted page 404s once published

David updated 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • David

January 16, 2020 at 3:28 am

Hey all,

​

I’ve run in to a bit of a problem on my WP site.

I’m trying to post my dive log into a post. I use a program called Subsurface. When I export the log it creates an html file that has the html/javascript code. The export creates a folder with all the data in it. The html file has to be in the same parent as the directory. When I load it in a local browser it works fine.

​

I uploaded the directory and the file to my server. I created a post and using iframe using the below call, to bring a html file in. The html file calls the data in the directory and displays on the post. It worked great until I published it.

​

As soon as I published it, then loaded the page, all I see is a 404. As soon as I unpublish it and preview it works fine. I’ve tried changing the file/directory permissions and that doesn’t seem to change anything.

​

Any ideas would be appreciated.

<figure><iframe id=”RebreatherDives” src=”../Dives/20191224 Subsurface all dives.html” width=”100%” height=”1300px” frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>

• r1ckd33zy

Try `src` attribute to be the full absolute path to the HTML file and remove the spaces in the file name.

• chraromojo

Do you see a 404 on the page in the frame or is the 404 on the page that contains the iframe?

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies
Reply to: David
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now