Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Activity Forums Web Design What does it take to become a self-taught web developer in 2020?

• What does it take to become a self-taught web developer in 2020?

updated 2 months ago 0 Member · 1 Post
  • Maverick

September 13, 2019 at 11:33 am

Long story short, I was on my way to completing my undergrad in CS within the next 2 years. However due to an autoimmune disease, those plans have been derailed, and my future in terms of college is uncertain. I don’t know if or when I’ll return but what I do know is that I would have been better off completing my degree for finding a job. I know people enter this industry as self-taught developers all the time, but would you say it’s more difficult to do that compared to say, 5 years ago? Would I stand a chance just knowing HTML, SCSS, JS, and React? I do have a basic data structures class under my belt, but in terms of my CS education that’s about all I have. In terms of what I’m doing right now, I plan on completing my first web app by the end of the year and will be rewriting it with React once I’ve built it with the “holy trinity”. But that will be the only thing on my resume. I dont have the option of completing my associate’s in CS, either, so that’s not going to be on my resume. It’s BSC or bust. So having a lack of qualifications doesn’t make me feel so hopeful either. What do you think? – by hq overview DifferentAmbition – –

Reply to: Maverick
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now