Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Search Engine Optimization I have vintage pictures that I think can go semi-viral locally, what’s the best way to share without overdoing it? Reply To: I have vintage pictures that I think can go semi-viral locally, what’s the best way to share without overdoing it?

• _____earthmover

December 27, 2019 at 1:27 pm

1. Add a small watermark (you could always send someone the non-watermarked version if they have policies against them – most will be okay with it)
    2. Create a post on your wife’s site with the images.
    3. Grab a list of local journalists who write about the area or about the subject matter of the photos.
    4. Pitch the images to them, directing them to the post (created in step 2) to view the set of images.
    5. If they want to share them, ask them to specifically credit your wife’s site as the source.
    6. Once they start getting picked up online, keep an eye out for any time it is shared without proper credit/links and ask for the link if needed.

Pitching visual content is a lot of what I do, and I’m happy to help with any tips or help you may need! Feel free to DM me. Good luck!