Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Web Design eCommerce Is e-commerce a profitable business for someone interested in starting their own? Reply To: Is e-commerce a profitable business for someone interested in starting their own?

• aquamanjunior

March 22, 2021 at 12:40 pm

I don’t know what you are trying to hear from such a simple question but the answer is ‘it depends’. E-commerce isn’t as simple as ‘set up a website, post online, and make money in your sleep.’ You have to find the right products, run ads and provide customer service. A lot of online businesses fail and the only one who ends up winning is Shopify from people who wanted a get rich quick approach. I blame the YouTube videos by affiliate marketers in this pandemic because they’ve been pushing dropshipping like crazy and everyone is trying to get rich selling fucking lint rollers from China. Why would I buy a lint roller from them when I can get just go to Amazon? You get what you put on, if you’re willing to treat this like a career and allocate the proper, time resources and TLC into your website, the business can grow. Find a niche and product that makes peoples lives easier and you’ll be set. Give the e-commerce business a try, and be open to failure. Don’t give up and keep trying if this is something you’re interested in.